Holidays are a time to cherish what you have, reflect on your past, enjoy your present, and embrace your future. These special days come only once a year, they allow for you to do something special only once, and then your opportunity is lost, because next you, you'll be different, and your definition of special will be different. Everyone changes, yes I know that's true. I know I've changed ever since I joined SPS Leadership. I took a step up and I opened myself a little more. And then I know I changed again when I joined SPC Leadership. I took charge this time, I became a leader, I took all of my experience with me and applied it to what I was doing at the moment. Now, I don't look down on myself as much anymore. I'm not so angry anymore. I'm not as broken.
Holidays give you a chance to spend it with your family. Whether or not you call your birth parents your real family, you have to understand that your mother went through at least 9 hours bringing you into this world. Your father loved you, at some point. Both of them care. Even if you think it's bull. Some part of them remembers a time when you were everything to them, and hell, you still probably are. Sure, parents might be annoying right now, but everything they do, they do for you. When they yell at you, it's because they don't know any other way to get to you. Maybe you've drifted beyond their reach and your only way to communicate with your parents is for them to yell at you.
Holidays are a time to love with all your heart. Cherish everything that you have, bring all your happiness forward and shoot it out into the world. Give everyone a glimpse of the real you. Don't wait for it too be too late, don't wait to the point where you regret. Everything has a purpose, but whether or not you can pull it off is up to you. Just trust in yourself and believe that you can do anything you want to do.
<3
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Holidays
Posted by Tiffany Nguyen at 3:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment