CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's funny

What happens when life turns on you? Do you cry and complain? Do you ignore it? Do you run away? Well I've done it all. I've tried everything, but nothing really helps. There's no use in complaining. No point in crying and pitying yourself. It's not going to go away it you just ignore it. And it will always be waiting if you run away.
Honestly? I wouldn't be alive now if it wasn't for me friends. Namely, Karen, Brian, Michelle, Matthew, Spencer, and Enya. Sure, I'll open up to others at times but those seven know pretty much everything. And they've been with me through everything. Funny thing is, the more I need them, the more I push them away. I know for sure that one of them is giving up on me. I can see it every time we're near each other. I can feel it when we talk. But that person is such a big part of me. I just can't let go, I won't let go. So I decided to change. No more annoying, pointless tears. No more complaining. No more giving up just like that. No more blaming myself for every little thing. Nothing. I'm putting all that behind me.
I've always been physically stronger than I look, but my soul my heart, could never take a hit. So now, it's time to build a wall. To protect myself from everything. But I'll be sure to leave a secret entrance to myself. For those few people who mean so much to me.
I've realized, that I'm extremely lucky as well. I know I don't think I'm pretty. But at least I'm not ugly. I know I don't think I sing well, but at least I'm passable. I've been granted and blessed with so much. I've got it all. I even have the chance to complain and whine.
What happens when you're the victim of human trafficking? Everything is lost to you all at once. What if you were a child that lost its life due to an abortion> You would never be able to open your eyes. What if you were born with AIDS or you're a child with cancer? You're future is pretty much done for the most part. Most of the time, in these cases, your future is set in stone. You don't get the chance to cry over a failed relationship. You don't get the chance to be mad at your best friend for never returning your favorite jacket. You never get the chance to me upset with your little sister to shrunk your newest shirt. You never get the chance to choose your path.
So who are we to say we have it bad? There are many more people who have it ten times worse. But running away or doing drugs just makes it worse. It just hurts you even more. And sometimes, you have that mom you can tell everything to and she'd understand. She becomes your best friend during that time. and then you have the mom you can't say anything to. You just keep pushing each other farther and farther away from each other.
Everything might hurt, but in this world, there is always that one person who will hold you and love you and never let you go. Whether they're your family, or your "brothers" or "sisters", your best friend, or your boyfriend or girlfriend. It doesn't really matter. Because you have them in the end. And if they end up drifting away from you, grab on and never let go. Because that would be the biggest mistake of your life. Don't give up too quickly, because then, you'll never know how it would have ended up, and you'll spend life dreaming and wondering.
Live life to its fullest. Don't ever turn back. Never regret what you've done. Keep your head up high and just hold on and ride out the waves. You'll reach your happy ending. Just don't stop looking for it.
And most importantly, never forget. <3

0 comments: