CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Here I Am to Worship

So, today is Good Friday, and also International Food Day at my school.
Instead of going out there and waiting in line for the free food that we would have received after attending at least 4 cultural events, many of us gathered in front of the school to worship our God. The whole experience was priceless and it was just an out of the world sort of thing.
We had a speaker, who read phrases from the Bible and explained to us what he thought of it, and the person was a school student himself, as well. The students pulled this together last night, inviting people over facebook, and I had only intended to go for a little bit, because I had a math test the period after. I actually stayed the whole time. I felt connected to everyone there, even our assistant principal came in and joined us for a while. We prayed, we thanked Him, we praised Him, we learned more about Him.
After that, we all gathered into a circle and sang, and we all sang straight from our hearts. It was absolutely gorgeous. So many people were able to hear us, I felt like we were just shouting to the Lord, telling him that we loved him. We even had an individual prayer time where we all prayed at once, but we were requested to pray out loud, and that was completely new, and almost scary at first, at least for me. I know that when I pray, I like to keep it between myself and God, but to be able to pray out loud, where there is a chance of anyone hearing me, that just made it all the more worthwhile.
We weren't all Catholics. We were Protestant, Christian, Lutheran, and we all believed I felt like giving up my lunch for something like that was the best decision I've made in such a long time. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
I also learned some new songs, and I had so much fun.
I think what pulled me down about this was that afterwards, when I got home, I told my brother how fun it was, and he was like, "We were worshiping it's not supposed to be fun." And I was shocked. I think that we should have fun when we talk to God. I think that He wants for us to be comfortable and happy when we praise His name.
I'm hoping that this will become a tradition, because for us to be able to profess our faith so clearly, so strongly, so full of pride and love, that is not something that this world sees often. But it is the very thing that this world needs.

0 comments: