CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I just don't understand

I don't get how people want to be loved, and yet they don't give any out in return.
I don't get how people say that they pity the poor, and yet lavish themselves in riches every day.
I don't get how people can despise liars, and yet they lie all the time.
I don't get how people are able to ignore the horrors of the world, and yet they say that they want to make a difference.
I don't get how people are so racist that they decide to do a We Are the World Remake for Haiti, which holds Africans, but didn't care this much for the Hurricane Rita and Katrina victims, or the Tsunami victims.
I don't get how countries can pretend like they care, when really, they know that it's their fault to begin with.
I don't get how people can say that they want peace, and yet they support our wars consistently.
I don't get how a person can sell of another human being, while hoping that it doesn't happen to them.
I don't get how people won't speak up for others, while hoping that others will stand up for them.
I don't get how people can hurt others for their own gain.
I don't get how people that we trust can betray us.
I don't get how we can demand so much, and yet we don't expect give in return.

*---------------*
Yeah, so I was really upset and I just ended up thinking of the irony of the world. So yeah, I've decided that if I could have one thing in the world, in exchange for something dear to myself, I'd give up my ability to lie, if it'll prevent people from lying to me as well.

0 comments: